So the amazing Dana of Crimson Daylight nominated this blog for the Liebster Award \-/. I’m so happy right now, I’ve started doing the rumbling laugh that without fail has everyone around me ducking for cover-maybe because they say it makes me sound like a crazy person who’s just snapped–but who cares, I’ve been nominated for Liebster!
From what I gathered, here are the rules:
* Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
* Answer 11 questions that the blog gives you.
* Give 11 random facts about yourself.
* Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
* Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
* Give them 11 questions to answer.
So, here we go. First with the 11 answers to the questions I was asked:
- Your favorite supernatural creature?
Demon. And for this, I blame Kuroshitsuji and Megan Derr’s Dance with the Devil series. Demons do it for me these days. They’re strong. Sexy. And walk that divide. Plus, they take what they want and damn the consequences and you can find only a few supernatural beings who can go toe-to-toe with a demon and walk away.
2. Your favorite characteristic about yourself?
That would be my vocal nature. I’m a very opinionated and I love to talk. Which means I tend to be that person who would talk your ear off about something I’m passionate about. It weans out those who don’t ‘get’ me and brings those who flow on the same wavelength as I together. Yup. I’ve made quite a few friends due to me talking long and loud about something I really love. Lol.
3. Your least favorite characteristic about yourself?
I guess that would be my anxiety issue. When someone at first expresses displeasure about me or something I worked on, etc, it’s like the person attacked me and I sink into this funk. Of course that only lasts for a while until I bounce back and go back to something I love. But until then, it’s a depressive state for me.
4. What’s the type of character (in books, films etc) that you absolutely cannot stand?
Definitely Mary Sues and Gary Stus. I’m a firm believer that no one is perfect. And no one can be that happy all the time. Let my characters have some flaws and I’m totally happy.
5. Dogs or cats?
6. How would you choose to spend a lazy day.
With yoga, good food, a great book, a couple of hours listening to an audiobook, then maybe a chapter of a recent manga release and a couple of episodes of a Kdrama I’m presently following.
7. The last thing you watched on TV?
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
8. Your favorite Harry Potter character?
Sirius Black. He was an amazing godfather and he looked after Harry, long after Harry’s parents were dead and Sirius was in Azkaban. That is amazing godfathering skills :).
9. How would you kill your arch enemy?
Flay them alive. I will start from the skin on their toes and work my way upwards. (maniacal laughter)
10. What’s your guilty pleasure?
11. The most embarrassing thing you’ve done (that you’re willing to share)?
Well, this is not an embarrassing thing I’ve done, more like the most embarrassing thing I’ve said. I was eleven when I visited one of my closest friends from Primary school. She had done her laundry by hand and refused to turn her clothes inside out. When I and her mother saw the clothes, her mother asked her to turn her clothes inside out. My friend, Omotola asked why. And I said “Because if your clothes fall, you won’t have to rewash them. They’re already inside out so technically, they won’t get dirty.” To make matters worse, I actually believed that and her mother just smiled but didn’t correct me. When I knew why we turn our clothes inside out—it’s to speed up the drying process by the way and so your dark colored clothes won’t fade out quickly—, I wanted to die of embarrassment. It’s been more than almost two decades since then and I still cringe when I remember it. Lol.
11 facts about me.
- My middle name, Itenoria is one that even my fellow Nigerians have trouble pronouncing. As for the meaning, it actually tells a story. A lengthy story in that eight letter word. Lol.
- I just identified myself as a scientific pantheist. In a country that there are just two dominant religions, being a pantheist is a bit tricky.
- I can’t see without my glasses. Seriously, getting on the road without my glasses is me asking for an accident.
- I’m a naturalista. In other words, you might just see me with my fro if you catch me walking down the street.
- I wear a watch that doesn’t tell the time anymore as a fashion accessory.
- I have four piercings in my ears (two in each ear) and I wear a different earring in each hole. So four different earrings when I’m leaving my house.
- I’m addicted to the Sims game
- I’m bisexual.
- I’m a sapiosexual. Give me anyone with smarts and I’m a goner.
- My LGBTQA journey started with SasuNaru (that’s Sasuke and Naruto as a romantic pairing, if you didn’t know) fan fiction.
- I live in Lagos, Nigeria.
My nominated blogs are:
Drama on a Sofa
I Dreamed a Drama
BFD Book Blog
Have you Heard My Book Review
11 Questions for the Nominees:
- If you could watch only one show for an entire week, what show would that be?
- Adaptations. Do you prefer them in their book/manga/webtoon format or the adapted movie/series?
- Rock or Pop music?
- If you were abandoned on a deserted island and could have only one thing with you, what would that thing be?
- Facebook or Twitter?
- What’s the best excuse you’ve ever come up with to ditch work or school?
- If you were offered a million pounds, what would you do with it?
- Would you rather date a rock star or a model?
- Which one of these people will you be best friends with, have a one-night stand with and marry?
If you’re into men: Jared Leto, Jensen Ackles, Benedict Cumberbatch
If you’re into women: Rihanna, Mila Kunis, Emma Watson
If you’re into both, well choose across board ;).
- Ice-cream or Cake?
- If you could have all the superhero powers available for your choosing and can only choose one, which super power will you choose and why?